Imagine getting to tell your favorite character that they’re your favorite and why and why they’re so important to you
This website contains a wealth of useful information on ways to help the people in Ferguson, how you can organize and participate locally, and helps to spread the word and keep the message strong.
FYI, telling a person that they can’t find someone attractive because of their sexuality is like telling them they can’t appreciate a sunrise because they don’t want to fuck it.
Can we talk about how Bucky looks at Steve like “whoa there friend, you might need to fuck me right now”
Suddenly you’re 21 and you’re screaming along in your car to all the songs you used to listen to when you were sad in middle school and everything is different but everything is good
I’m in the process of doing a lot of things, so I’ll be on hiatus for a little bit. I’ve set up a queue, and I’ll be back soon!!
I’d like to add that I’ll still be coming online occasionally to check messages and update the queue, but it won’t be often enough to regularly post. So if you send me a message, I’ll get it!
"A hundred years ago they used to put on a white sheet and use a bloodhound against Negroes. Today they have taken off the white sheet and put on police uniforms and traded in the bloodhounds for police dogs, and they’re still doing the same thing.”
— Malcolm X
They’re just so strange. (Not behemoth-depths strange, but strange nonetheless.)
Pumpkin Spice Ice CreamIngredients
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (see note above)
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- Kosher salt, to tasteDirections:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring cream and milk to a simmer. Stir in vanilla bean, cover, remove from heat, and let steep for 1 hour. Discard vanilla bean or wash and dry for another use.
- In a second saucepan whisk together sugar, egg yolks, pumpkin purée, and spices until very well combined. Slowly poor milk mixture into saucepan, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Set over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until a custard forms on the back of a spoon and finger swiped across it leaves a clean line.
- Pour custard through a fine mesh strainer into an airtight container, then stir in bourbon and salt to taste in 1/4 teaspoon increments (I used 3/4 teaspoons for a slightly salty kick) and chill overnight.
- The next day, churn according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer ice cream to airtight container and chill in freezer for at least 4 to 5 hours before serving.Recipe and photo by Serious Eats
it must be really wild to actually have a positive relationship with your father
some people really have that????
the fucking worst is when people are like “you hate people for having a different opinion than you!!!!” like im not shitting on this guy because he thinks pistachio ice cream is gross im shitting on him because he actually believes that i and people like me dont deserve basic human rights and respect and safety